August 29, 2018
SEATTLE, WA–The Landing of Long Cove, one of Leisure Care’s newly acquired assisted living and memory care communities, is undergoing a transformation this summer. The renovated community will provide residents with modern technology and wellness amenities, in addition to the comfort of Leisure Care’s signature programs.
“With Leisure Care as the new management company, a lot of attention goes into personalizing the experience for each resident,” says Matt Webster, operations director at Leisure Care. “Additionally, our employees are the core of our business and we are dedicated to providing what we call Three-Thirds Lifestyle—family first, then community and finally work—so each person brings their best selves to the community every day.”
The Mason, Ohio community was acquired by Leisure Care in December 2017 and is positioned for a grand re-opening this fall.
“With Leisure Care, it’s about helping the residents be their best selves,” says Katie Huff, general manager at the Landing of Long Cove. “This is a place where you can move and thrive. You don’t need to settle—you can come here and really have purpose in your life.”
The community’s renovations range from grand additions to small cosmetic updates, maintaining a primary focus on new technology and enhanced wellness experiences.
“We want our seniors to have a space that is enjoyable to share with family and friends as well as activities that give them a sense of purpose,” says Huff. “The goal is to incorporate new technology while still keeping our main focus on wellness.”
A few of the new additions and renovations include:
- Renovated lobby with a coffee and juice bar by day, wine bar by night
- New culinary garden, featuring herbs grown and cultivated in the community for unique chef-prepared food and drink specials
- Gaming area with a poker table, pool table, jukebox, and more
- Spa and aromatherapy room
- Tech center with iPads, Rosetta Stone Language Learning and Brain HQ, a brain fitness program
- Extended dining space for memory care residents
- New furniture, paint, and carpeting throughout the community
The Ohio community will also provide all of Leisure Care’s lifestyle-enhancing services, including:
- PrimeFit℠ is the company’s innovative health and fitness program that offers an extensive amount of choices to engage residents in fitness plans for a sound mind and body.
- Opal is Leisure Care’s signature memory program that is tailored to each individual, so the structure of everything from physical fitness to sensory stimulation and spiritual well-being meets the needs of the resident.
- Travel by Leisure Care is a full-service in-house travel agency providing opportunities for destination travel, personal travel, and staycations.
Located in the Deerfield Township, the Landing of Long Cove is sited in an outdoor-friendly area within walking distance of various shops and restaurants. The newly renovated community is expected to be completed in October 2018.
Leisure Care, LLC is one of the largest privately owned and most innovative operators of senior living communities in the United States. Founded in 1976, Leisure Care operates over 40 retirement communities with another 15 under development, and nearly 7,000 apartments in the United States.