K4Connect Claims 2020 as the Year of the Smart Senior Living Community, Launches Strategic Technology Initiative
RALEIGH, NC–Senior living has reached a crossroad with innovation that will ultimately shape the future of the industry. National trends in the next-gen resident population, ongoing caregiver staffing challenges and an increasingly competitive market for community operators are turning the industry toward technology for solutions. K4Connect, a purpose-driven technology company that creates solutions that serve and empower older adults and those living with a disability, has introduced the K4Connect Workshop & Technology Assessment, a strategic technology initiative that enables senior living communities to transform into a Smart Senior Living Community.
The K4Connect Workshop & Technology Assessment empowers senior living communities to embrace and benefit from the technology disruption impacting the industry. Built on a foundation of decades of enterprise technology experience, patented technologies and established best practices, K4Connect leverages its maturity model method to guide this process. Senior living communities across the country are seeing the benefits of this strategic process through enhanced offerings and business efficiencies, including improved resident experiences, increased competitiveness and streamlined workflows.
“Innovation by nature is a journey with no destination — it’s constantly evolving. We recognize that many communities today are just getting started with technology and it’s critical they have the infrastructure in place that prepares them for the future,” said K4Connect CEO, Co-Founder and Chief Member Advocate, F. Scott Moody. “Our Workshop & Technology Assessment method helps the communities we serve better understand where they are today, and the right steps to take as they evolve into what we believe is key to the future of senior living — the transformation toward Smart Senior Living Communities.”
During the two-day Workshop & Technology Assessment, K4Connect leads communities through a step-by-step process that evaluates and educates on technology, culminating with a customized ROI report communities can then leverage to build and implement an execution plan. Core elements of a community’s assessment include:
- Infrastructure – assessing the current technology infrastructure to identify the physical framework needed to support its digital transformation.
- Communication – digitizing communications across – and beyond – the community to significantly enhance connectivity between residents and their loved ones, as well as staff.
- Environments – creating responsive, smart environments through enterprise IoT that generate community-wide data-driven insights for residents, staff and operators.
- Services – enhancing and expanding community experiences for residents and staff through digital tools, experiences and support.
- Wellness – leveraging digital health and wellness to better engage residents in their personal health, as well as generate greater visibility and awareness for community staff.
- Insights – implementing advanced technologies such as AI to provide data-driven intelligence that creates business efficiencies, great experiences for residents and more productive staff.
“We have long recognized the impact technology would eventually have on our industry. Prior to implementing K4Community across our communities, K4Connect’s Workshop & Technology Assessment helped us pinpoint some key focus areas in our innovation-driven transformation across our communities. As we move forward, K4Community allows us to implement the latest in technology, yet do so as part of one integrated system,” said United Methodist Communities President and CEO, Larry Carlson.
K4Connect is the leading provider of enterprise connected-life technologies for senior living communities, currently serving more than 27,000 residents at over 120 premiere continuing care, independent living, assisted living and memory care communities across the nation. The company’s patented operating system, FusionOS, is the first and only of its kind in senior living.