Ten Brookdale Communities Recognized For Quality Achievement From the American Health Care Association
BRENTWOOD, TN–Ten Brookdale communities have been recognized by the American Healthcare Association (AHCA) and the National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) for providing quality care.
The AHCA/NCAL Quality Initiative builds upon existing work by setting specific, measureable goals to further improve quality. The recognition program honors members for their achievements in reaching these goals.
These Brookdale communities were recognized as 2017 Quality Initiative Achievers at the recent recognition luncheon in New Orleans:
- Galleria Woods – Birmingham, Alabama
- Brookdale North Chandler – Chandler, Arizona
- Brookdale Fountaingrove – Santa Rosa, California
- Brookdale Yorba Linda – Yorba Linda, California
- Brookdale Green Mountain – Lakewood, Colorado
- Brookdale Denver – Denver, Colorado
- Brookdale Smithfield – Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Brookdale Lakeway – Lakeway, Texas
- Brookdale Willowbrook Place – Houston, Texas
- Brookdale Westlake Hills – Austin, Texas
“We’re proud of each of the Brookdale communities that were named Quality Initiative Achievers,” said Sheryl White, divisional director of clinical services – entry fee division at Brookdale. “This honor is all about building upon current efforts and taking them to the next level. To have 10 communities recognized for advancement reflects the commitment of our associates in the areas of growth and excellence.”
Since the launch of the program in 2012, AHCA members have been challenged to meet eight main goals of the initiative. Those include: reduce hospital readmissions, increase staff stability, reduce the off-label use of antipsychotics and increase customer satisfaction. To be recognized, members must meet at least four of the eight goals. Reaching these targets means providers are improving the health of seniors while also driving down costs.