January 20, 2023
WEST PALM BEACH, FL—Watermark Retirement Communities has appointed Sarah Ostrow as executive director at The Watermark at West Palm Beach, a new luxury senior living community located in the heart of downtown West Palm Beach. Ostrow will oversee the opening of the community and will be responsible for day-to-day operations once its first members move in in March 2023.
“Sarah brings the perfect combination of passion, skill and experience to The Watermark at West Palm Beach,” said David Barnes, CEO of Watermark Retirement Communities. “Together with the rest of the leadership team, Sarah will ensure that The Watermark at West Palm Beach will be a jewel in South Florida, and a destination for seniors to live their best, fullest lives.”
Ostrow has managed senior living communities in Florida and Ohio for more than 15 years, leading daily operations across assisted living, memory care, rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing facilities. She’s earned honors and awards for her work, and she is well-regarded for developing programs that invite members to be active and engage with the larger community.
“With its vibrant downtown location, The Watermark at West Palm Beach is prime for adventure, and I’m delighted to create a lifestyle for South Florida seniors that’s enriching and full of opportunity,” said Ostrow. “I’m fortunate to lead such an immensely talented team whose knowledge and compassion will give our members an exceptional experience.”
In addition to Ostrow, The Watermark at West Palm Beach is welcoming key community leadership to develop and facilitate a robust calendar of programming, gourmet dining options and a holistic well-being experience for a community of vibrant, active and discerning members:
- Alissa Zemering, MA, ATR, LCAT, community life director: As community life director for The Watermark at West Palm Beach, Zemering is responsible for developing programs that offer fulfilling, meaningful and memorable experiences for members. Before joining Watermark, she served as a life engagement coordinator within both independent living and skilled nursing communities. She has a Master of Arts in creative arts therapy, and is passionate about sharing her love of the arts with seniors.
- Pierre Devoliere, dining services director: Born in Haiti, Devoliere moved to West Palm Beach when he was 16 years old. He developed his passion for culinary arts while working in the culinary departments at senior living communities while at Palm Beach State College, and he honed his skills at the Lincoln Culinary Institute. He brings a certificate in certified dietary management and years of culinary experience to The Watermark at West Palm Beach, where he’ll oversee the community’s four elite restaurants.
- Rebecca Melton, human resources director: With years of human resources experience in senior living under her belt, Melton joins The Watermark at West Palm Beach, where she will be directing the community’s human resources department and overseeing development of key talent and policy throughout the community.
- Nikki Trimble, membership director: Trimble has been serving south Florida seniors since 2010. She’s led sales departments for several senior living communities, ensuring that goals are met and each member receives outstanding service and undivided attention.
- Nick Degenarro, maintenance director: Originally from Brooklyn, NY, Degenarro is a skilled carpenter who brought his talents to Extreme Home Makeover for six years before transitioning to senior living. He has overseen maintenance for senior living communities in Long Island and Florida, where he ensured the communities were kept in top shape.
The Watermark at West Palm Beach will open in March 2023 as part of Watermark’s prestigious Élan collection of senior living communities with a luxury wellness resort mindset. The 154-residence community will be located in the heart of downtown West Palm Beach, and will offer independent living, assisted living and memory care accommodations.